Friday, March 8, 2013

Recovering

     Currently, I'm sitting here on my laptop filling my stomach with glasses of orange-juice, listening to the soundtrack of Skyrim, Bethesda's hit video-game, swearing at my word processor for some miracle to plop on the page--me knowing it won't happen, but wishing--and waiting to see what the day will bring me. Colds are fun.
     I see myself to live a healthy lifestyle. Oatmeal, toast, and hashbrowns always win over French-toast for breakfast, and if I get offered a soda, I kindly decline and ask for water. Fitness is my stress-burner. Swimming is something I do not only to keep fit and toned, but to help with my confidence and anxiety. When I'm sick, all of this goes out the window.
     And mentally, I just feel like a brick; it's like my mind wants to work, and knows it's here for some reason, but the only thing it can do is perform simple tasks. Throw me an Algebra book during the flu and I'll look at you like a wet cat. A really wet cat. But not only do I suffer in arithmatic, but my writing seems to take a hit.
     This whole week, I've only touched about 1400 words, something I would do a day and a half. That's such a blow. The character's in my novel have once again become just that: characters.In time, though, things will get better.
     Rest and water have become my best friends, and while I'm disappointed I haven't worked out in over a week, it's for the best. The cold is going away, and once again work and writing will be something I can dive into rather than fear. If I'm lucky, my sickness won't pass to someone in the family and come back to me with open arms: "Hey, buddy, what's up?"
     How do you recover from sickness not only in your body, but in the recovery of any skills or hobbies that have been left behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment