Monday, January 7, 2013

2013: Good Vibrations

     Being a little late never hurt anyone, or that's at least what I'm told constantly. The holidays went well, and New Years started off on a great note: dental appointments are half-way taken care of, my novella is close to having its first draft completed, and my life is just brimming with positive vibes.
     A couple of things are coming up, though. School has once again started at Mt. San Antonio College, so I've been brought back to the Writing-center as a tutor; I'll be working morning shifts, keeping my head in the game of writing. Also, starting next week on Wednesday, I will be out of town at Further Confusion, a fan-driven arts convention in San Jose, California. The event hosts writers, artists, costumers, and musicians, all within the convention-center and adjacent two hotels. I've also submitted one story to the con in their program book; I won't be told if I'm in it until I have the book in my possession and can read my story. If so, I'll bring a few copies home. The convention hosts panels, too, where attendees can learn, instruct, or introduce themselves. I plan to attend several writing ones, just to get names out there and talk shop. The convention lasts until Monday, and is open to the public; however, membership to visit the dealer's hall, panels, shows, and dances is around 50$!
     Other than that, I'm keeping life at a low hum of energy. Classes for the next Spring semester start February 25th, and until then I will keep busy by writing, of course, and keeping fit. The family's interested in getting a membership at the YMCA, and I'm all for it--I live better in the swimming pool than I do on dry land. My mail will play host to monthly-or-so care-packages between me and my girlfriend in Florida, so I will also spend time looking through my knick-knacks for various Disney themed trinkets.
     The year's started off so well, but let's work towards a brighter tomorrow!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment