Monday, December 17, 2012

Five Guilty Pleasures

     Even when being regimental, treating my life like a business, I like to spoil myself from time to time. Spending day after day eating oatmeal, working out, writing a certain word limit, and going to bed before twelve gets a little old after a while; I'm only twenty, yet I treat myself like a forty year old jarhead. Everyone needs a little vacation and fun, even if just from your usual routine.

5. Chili cheese fries with pastrami and extra cheese from The Hat, Upland, California.
     While The Hat is a location known by most of southern California, I enjoy visiting the one on Central in Upland, California. It's at the base of the mountain, and like the rest, they really know what they're doing with their fast food. And they should--the pastrami is thick and juicy, with just enough mustard to modify the flavor; the counter has trays of chili peppers and a variety of sauces, free to pick; and everyone works at a fast pace, but keeps a smile on as they assist you. The chili fries are my favorite mostly due to the amount they give you--how many fast-food chains give you a mound of chili and potatoes in a cardboard drink container? Not only that, but you can order it modified, and add extra chili, cheese, or even spill some of their famous pastrami on top. When the weather's cold enough, and I feel a hunger that can only compare to a pregnant woman, I visit The Hat to make sure I'm well fed for hours.

4. Playing my X-box 360 until the morning hours.
     When I first received an X-box 360 for Christmas, I wouldn't let the damn thing go. But with my rising interest in writing, and hours at the Writing-center, I hardly get to play it anymore. I purchased Resident Evil 6, the next edition to the zombie horror gaming title, around October, and I just finished it two nights ago. If I need time to vent, or it's well deserved, I treat myself to gunning down monsters, swinging over Gotham, or just causing mass havoc until I hear the roosters. Anyone else pre-order Grand Theft Auto V?

3. Sleeping in
    Who doesn't enjoy laying in bed under layers of blankets, cat at your side, with the alarm clock shut-off and out of the mind? Of course, I make sure to get up before twelve; while it's fun to sleep a little longer than usual, I do have medication to take. Tuesdays and Thursdays, however, are restricted from sleeping in, since those are the days I work out and need the recovery time. But, let's just forget about Monday's schedule.

2. Barnes and Nobles
     On Friday nights, I drive over to The Shoppes in Chino Hills to visit their large bookstore. While the family is running amok around the shopping center, I just dawdle around the store, picking my way from the magazines, to the graphic novels, then on to the literature. Usually, my time is around an hour or more. It's just a nice, relaxing way to end the week.

1. Playing with the cats using a laser pointer.
     It's seen as mean, or a form of teasing by some, but I'm guilty of making them run up the walls and around the house, going bonkers for a red dot. Animals are a great way to de-stress and know that someone not only cares for you, but needs you to care for them. Just open up a can of cat food, let them curl up on you, have a place high up to sit, and they'll love you! Note to self: buy batteries for the laser pointer.


3 comments:

  1. Haha, I have to say that 3 and 4 are at least on my list, my "5" could be a local cheap place called hibachi house (Kaz can attest to that) I want those fries now though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually see you guys tweet about Hibachi House! If only California had one, but if you're ever in the area, I totally need to take you guys to The Hat.

      Delete
  2. lol don't worry I do the laser thing with my kitties too

    ReplyDelete